Given the brutal Winter we’ve just survived (which is hopefully not just technically over but actually over), this first day of spring feels very much like a rebirth. We have no more excuses for staying inside in our pajamas eating cheese and drinking wine and wrapping ourselves in blankets! We will now do things!
Here, a few of my writing-related spring resolutions:
1. I will clean my desk. (Spring cleaning!)
2. I will start actually writing my book, preferably at about 2,000 words a week.
3. I will blog most weekdays — all weekdays when I’m not wrapped up with a deadline or similarly valid excuse.
4. I will update my records and collect all that damn money I’m owed.
5. I will pitch all the stories on my list of ideas.
6. I will pitch more to the editors who kindly employ me regularly.
7. I will get my finances organized so I know how much money I have/need.
8. I will figure out ways to keep that money coming so I can concentrate on my book instead of worrying about income.
9. I will get back into my morning meditate/work out/eat/then work routine. Yes, this is writing-related. Actually, most things in my life could probably be considered writing-related.